The recent v1.04 update to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 included large changes to the titles battle royale mode. This update to Blackout includes a change in the player count for duos and quads, audio adjustments, armor changes, missions, and more.
Armor will now allow a larger percentage of damage to make it through in areas deemed as damage multipliers. Shots to the head and upper chest will not deal more damage and help those with aim circumvent the armor especially at level 3. In addition, your teammates footsteps should now not too much alarm as they have been made quieter in comparison to your opponents. Other sound changes include specific value changes for all armor types and fixes to issues resulting in muffled or completely silent footsteps.
Armor has been one of the biggest topics in Blackout as initially armor 3 would all but guarantee a gun fight win regardless of some distance in skill. Treyarch has been actively listening, however, and been making minor adjustments along the way. The sound has also received some criticism as well and thus drawn a reaction from the games developer.
For all changes made to Blackout in v1.04, take a look below. For the full patch notes you can check out our article here.
- 100-Player Solos added to Featured playlist.
- Maximum player count set to 88 for Duos and Quads.
- Tweaked settings to ensure friendly teammates’ footsteps are now quieter than enemy footsteps.
- Adjusted footsteps for all Armor types in first-person and third-person to give better directionality and distance information.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally caused footsteps to be silent.
- Resolved issues that caused footsteps to become muffled when they shouldn’t be.
- Armor now allows more damage to pass through to areas of the body that have damage multipliers, such as the head or upper chest. For example, headshots now do more damage against Level 3 Armor.
- Character Missions
- Unlocked remaining Specialist Character Missions (Battery, Firebreak, Nomad, Prophet, Ruin, Seraph)
- “Item Found” Notifications
- To tag an item for your teammate, approach the Item and select the bottom center command on your Command Wheel. This will display the Item in text on your team’s HUD and highlight the item in the world for your team.
- Increased the brightness of Items when a teammate tags them as “Item Found” via the Command Wheel.
- Increased duration that Items tagged using “Item Found” are displayed in the world to your team.
- Calling Cards and Challenges
- Resolved an issue where completing Dark Ops Challenges would not unlock their associated Calling Card.
- Resolved an issue where certain Challenges rewarded the same Calling Card.
- Resolved an issue where the Altimeter could disappear during Infiltration.
- Resolved an issue where incorrect Inventory items could be shown while spectating another player.
- Resolved an issue that allowed players to shoot through certain rocks.
- Improved visual quality of the grass.
- Resolved an issue where the After Action Report would show double damage when in Squads.
- Resolved an issue where Echelon Ranking wasn’t showing properly at Max Rank.