The updates keep coming for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 as Treyarch rolls out what seems to be nearly an update a day over the last week. While most updates have been bug fixes and small adjustments that stretch across all game modes in the title, this one is almost completely Zombies.
One of the biggest drawing components of the Call of Duty series for many is its Zombie game mode and Treyarch is definitely aware of it as they focus closely on it and community feedback in order to ensure the best possible experience.
This update increased the bleed-out timer on the final zombie of each round, increased the XP earn rate for solo and duo matches, made large changes to the Elixirs, solved several issues with the game mode and more.
In addition, there were several small bug fixes applied to multiplayer and general stability adjustments made across the game.
What’s coming up for Zombies? Treyarch provided a list of four things you should look out for in future updates here:
Zombies Nebulium Plasma
The Zombies team is planning to increase the earn rate for Nebulium Plasma across the board in an upcoming game update. Keep an eye on the patch notes soon!
Zombies XP Earn Rates
The earn rate for Zombies XP on Hardened and Realistic difficulties will also be increased in a future update, to help ensure our most intrepid zombie slayers are rewarded for their efforts.
Splitscreen Pausing in Zombies
We have heard the whispered prayers of high-round couch co-op players in need of a bathroom break! The ability to pause a local Zombies match in splitscreen is in the works.
Mastery Camos in Zombies
As mentioned previously, we’re working on enabling Mastery Camos unlocked in Multiplayer to be applied to weapons in Zombies. Stay tuned.
You can find the full patch notes from Treyarch below:
Oct. 26 Update: Zombies Gameplay Updates, Black Market Live on All Platforms
With today’s game update, our latest Zombies balancing pass is now live on all platforms, delivering several highly-requested gameplay changes across all Zombies maps.
Let’s cut right to the chase: last zombie bleed-out time has been doubled, XP earn rates have been boosted for solo and 2-player matches, we’re spawning fewer Hellhounds on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified, and players can now use four unique Elixirs per round. We’ve also made other tweaks to ensure a more balanced Zombies experience in addition to these changes, so check out the full list below, jump into some matches, and let us know what you think.
The Black Market is also now live across all platforms starting today, granting all players access to hundreds of cosmetic items by progressing through our first Contraband collection, Operation: First Strike. Earn your way across a full season of rewards in Multiplayer and Blackout, including new Signature Weapons, Gestures, Outfits, Calling Cards, Tags, Stickers, Blackout characters, and more.
And tomorrow, our free Halloween Event content stream goes live across all platforms, adding a time-limited second stream to the Black Market with spooky seasonal cosmetics to unlock! Get out there and show off your favorite new loot, just in time for All Hallow’s Eve.
Lastly, before we dig into today’s full notes: we are currently tracking players implementing an exploit that allows multiple copies of the same Perk to be equipped in Multiplayer. We are clearing those players’ Create-a-Class entries as a warning and will be banning repeat offenders after this point. This exploit will be resolved in an upcoming update.
As a reminder of our enforcement policy in Black Ops 4: Any player who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty. These penalties for Glitching include:
- First offense: Player will be temporarily suspended from playing the game online, will have their stats, Emblems, and Paintjobs reset, will have online splitscreen privileges revoked, and will have their Leaderboard entries deleted.
- Extreme or repeat offenses: Player will be permanently suspended from playing the game online, will have their stats, Emblems, and Paintjobs reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in Leaderboards.
Play nice out there! Now, onto the patch notes:
We’ve made the following updates to the game today (Global):
- Black Market
- Black Market and Operation: First Strike now live on all platforms.
- Resolved a delay in displaying Black Market reward images in the After Action Report.
- General stability fixes and improvements across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
- Black Market
- Doubled the bleed-out timer on the last zombie per round from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increased the XP earn rate in solo and 2-player matches.
- Reduced frequency of Hellhounds that spawn on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified.
- Increased maximum unique Elixir usage per round from 3 to 4.
- Decreased cooldown time on Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic Elixirs.
- Decreased effective time on Aftertaste Elixir.
- Reduced effectiveness of Head Scan Elixir.
- Increased cooldown time on Classic Elixirs to balance increased last zombie bleed-out time.
- Adjusted cooldown for all Elixirs in Rush Mode.
- Corrected the Elixir cooldown reduction effect granted by the Time Slip Perk.
- Resolved an issue preventing players from completing the “Coming Through” Challenge.
- Resolved an issue where the “Up Close” and “Death Slider” Prestigious Challenges would reward the same Calling Card.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when triggering Brain Rot on underwater Zombies.
- Resolved an issue where joining a match after a round switch would record a Loss if your team lost the match.
- Resolved an issue preventing the Reactive Camo for the GKS Damascus from properly unlocking.
- Resolved an issue allowing the Access Denied Camo for the Strife to display as brighter than intended.
We’ve also made the following update specific to PC:
- Improved connection stability during Blackout loading screens.
We’re also working on the following items for future updates:
- Zombies Nebulium Plasma
- Zombies XP Earn Rates
- Splitscreen Pausing in Zombies
- Mastery Camos in Zombies
Missed an update from earlier this week? Check out the links below to see what we’re working on: