A new Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update from Valve has finally addressed a long-time concern and complaint of many players. The update released on August 8th “fixed a bug where picking up weapons would sometimes fail when they were occluded by other weapons or grenades.”
This has been a problem for sometime and often times led to players being unable to upgrade their weapon in time, sometimes even cause their death if they tried to swap weapons while the round was still being played.
In addition to the bug fix, friendly fire from the Zeus-x27 was reduced in the Danger Zone game mode.
Outside of bug fixes, Seaside and Breach were targeted with changes. Several parts of Breach were removed alongside fixes and improved clipping while Seaside was mostly adjustments with nothing being removed completely.
CS:GO patch notes:
– Fixed a bug where picking up weapons would sometimes fail when they were occluded by other weapons or grenades.
– Reduced friendly fire damage from Zeus-x27 in Danger Zone matches.
– fov_cs_debug will now respect floating point values.
– Updated Seaside and Breach with the latest versions from CS:GO Steam Workshop.
– Improved clipping
– Fixed hole in bushes at mid
– Removed window on top of ladder
– Removed a bunch of pixelwalks
– Re-added trigger_bomb_reset to water zone
– Fixed boost spots in T-spawn and outside B Deck.
– Fixed some pixel spots on T-Side Bridge and behind Bombsite A.
– Blocked various boost exploits.
– Blocked various bomb stuck locations.
– Fixed buggy door graphics.
– Fixed misc graphical issues.